The Potted Desert View

The Potted Desert View
This blog is for you, the native or transplanted desert dweller. Our harsh and varied desert climates continually present a challenge for gardeners. Those of you who have moved from a colder climate such as the mid-west or New England, you have most likely tried to find container gardening information that tells you how to grow the kind of garden like you had 'back home.'

Search here to find answers to your potted garden questions.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Different Way to Get Potted with The Contained Gardener

   A new client - let's call her Wanda had come to one of my potted gardening classes last fall. Last month she took advantage of the certificate I had sent her to have me do a consultation at her home for $100 instead of my usual fee of $125.
   During that visit, we talked about where she would like to have pots and pockets of color. I designed a pot layout for her and in our conversation, she said she would really like to do some of the work herself. Our next step was to go pot shopping!

   Yesterday we did just that. We went to Pottery Blowout and Glazed Expressions and Wanda chose and purchased eight new pots! While at my studio, we were discussing the design for the floral combinations for her pots and although she wants to do the planting herself, she had asked me to design the plantings.
   I suggested that I not only design the plantings for her new pots but that I obtain the flowers and she can pick them up from our yard when they come in, take them home with enough soil and with the written plan, have her family help plant them!
   I think Wanda is going to save quite a bit of money by "Getting Potted' with us this way. She and her family are not hesitant to put in the work and she will still end up with a designed patio worthy of her beautiful home!
Come back to visit and I will show you some pictures of the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment