- Are some pots under cover where they do not get rain? If you turn off the irrigation, they will dry out pretty quickly.
- A deluge of 15 minutes of rain will not deeply soak your pots. Check to see how wet they are 6-8" into the soil for annuals and 10-16" down for perennials, shrubs and trees.
- Your pots of flowers are getting daily watering. One day of good rain means you might be able to take a break for one day - not beyond that.
Keep in mind other Monsoon Cautions:
- Dump standing water to reduce mosquito populations.
- Anchor pots to reduce the risk of tipping over in high winds.
- The same goes for all furniture and patio belongs.
- Heed monsoon warnings and travel safely!